Some people are experiencing an issue with Blackboard mail and other features of Blackboard . These problems are typically related to the Java plugin. Java is specific to individual machines and may or may not be installed on your machine.
Can't Log In:
- Your Blackboard username is the same username you use for Eastern email and Lab computers.
- Please use all lowercase letters for the Blackboard username.
- Type your password exactly as you would for Eastern email and lab computers.
- You must have logged in to your Eastern email or an Eastern Lab Computer at least once before using Blackboard . If you have not done this your account will not be activated and you will not be able to get into Blackboard .
- If you are unable to logon to Blackboard , but see no error messages, check to see if you have a "pop-up blocker" installed and running. Pop-up blocking software is not compatible with Blackboard and must be disabled. If your computer has a pop-up blocker enabled, please consult the documentation for the pop-up blocker for information on how to disable it.
- Tool errors and errors with Blackboard features are caused by having the incorrect version of Java installed or by cancelling or closing the Java Security Warning popups when they occur.