If you are having Cable or Internet issues in a residence hall room please try the following before contacting staff in your hall or ITS:
- Check your Internet jack and make sure it's pluged into the right port. Internet is the top port, the bottom is for phones.
- Try your computer in another jack in your room. If it works, then the issue is with the jack and you should report it. If it doesn't work, the problem could be your device is not set up properly or broken.
- Try your TV in another jack in your room. If it works then the issue is with the jack and you should report it. if it doesn't work, the problem could be your device is not set up properly or broken.
- Make sure you've programmed your TV to find channels here at Eastern. Instuctions to do so should be located in the manual or under the TVs menu.
If you still have trouble please collect the following information and contact the staff in your residence hall or the ITS help desk at 465-4346:
- Your full name
- Eastern ID number
- Your room number
- Bedroom number/letter if applicable
- The internet jack number (located on the jack)
- The best day and time to reach you (Monday through Friday 9 to 5)
- Your cell phone number
- A description of the problem you are having