Search: Advanced search
Please enter a keyword or ID
Policy Governing Student Events Open to the Public
At the beginning of each academic year, all student organizations planning to have events open to the public will meet with the University Police Department staff to discuss this policy. When an organization decides to sponsor a specific event open to the public, its representative will be required to meet with the director of Public Safety or designee and the vice president for student affairs or designee at least 14 days before their scheduled event occurs to plan for the event and arrange for police coverage.
1. The event must be registered and approved by the appropriate University office. If admission is charged, the organization must secure admission tickets and related paperwork from the Student Accounting Business Office (SABO) no later than two days prior to the event.
2. The number of individuals admitted shall not exceed the posted capacity of that venue. In addition, the capacity for a particular event may be reduced at the discretion of campus police and/or the vice president for student affairs or designee.
3. The organization’s advisor or designee (university employee) must be present at the event for the duration of the event.
4. All fire laws and policies will be observed including not blocking entrances or exits to the facilities used for the event.
5. For student-sponsored events, Eastern students will be admitted by presenting a valid Eastern ID when requested. All other attendees must be required to provide state issued photo identification when requested. (School IDs will not be accepted.)
6. For Eastern dances/parties: